Reusable Hot – Cold Pad.
Calmadol® Hot-Cold Pad
EC medical device
Indications for use
Calmadol® Hot – Cold Pad is a gel pack for external applications. The new 3-cell shape makes the pack more ergonomic and can be adapted to any part of the body. The soft fabric casing is resealable and has a band that allows that pad to be kept in place (i.e. arm, shoulder, leg) without having to hold it with your hand.
Description of the product
The action of the Calmadol® Hot – Cold Pad is based on Hot – Cold Therapy.
Heat therapy has the following benefits:
– It stimulates blood circulation: heat improves the flow of blood through dilation of the blood vessels
– It relieves pain: heat reduces tension, it relaxes and also improves mobility.
– It increases the elimination of metabolic products: thanks to better blood circulation, the waste material produced by cell tissues and muscles is eliminated more easily.
Low back pain, stiff neck, rheumatism, hypothermia and all cases where heat needs to be applied.
Cold therapy has the following benefits for patients:
– When applied immediately after a traumatic event it reduces swelling and inflammation.
– The cooling of tissue blocks the sensory nerve endings and the sensation of pain, contacting the capillaries and thus encouraging tissue drainage.
Haematomas, sprains, traumas, hyperthermia and all cases where cryotherapy and cold are needed.
– If you have cardiovascular disease, Raynaud’s syndrome and/or diabetes, only use the product after consulting with your doctor.
– Consult a doctor before using hot or cold therapy on newborns, children or the elderly.
– For those who have poor sensitivity to hot or cold, use with caution.
– If the gel accidentally leaks out, do not swallow or inhale.
– If the skin or eyes come into contact with the gel, wash with plenty of water.
– Do not use the pad if it is damaged or cracked.
– Keep out of the reach of children.
– Do not swallow the contents.
This product is an EC medical device. Read the warnings and instructions for use carefully.
– Heat the Calmadol® Hot – Cold Pad in a basin of boiling water for up to three minutes or in a microwave oven (twice for 30 seconds at 500 Watts).
– Use the special protective casing to apply the pad or otherwise place a dry cotton cloth between the pad and the skin.
– If the heat cannot be tolerated, suspend the application for a few minutes.
Instructions for cold therapy:
– cool the pad by placing it in the ice compartment of the refrigerator or inside the freezer for at least 1.5 – 2 hours.
– use the special protective casing to apply the pad or otherwise place a dry cotton cloth between the pad and the skin.
– if the cold cannot be tolerated, suspend the application for a few minutes.
This product is an EC medical device.
Read the warnings and instructions for use carefully.
Authorisation date XX/XX/XX